10 important Gmail Features You Must Know
Gmail is a widely used free email provider. In the current generation of internet and computer users, you will rarely find anyone without a Gmail account. The available Support for Gmail is also awesome. Gmail has a number of features which make managing emails easier along with superior privacy and data security features.
There are some features that seem to be hidden because many users are not aware of all of them.
- Video Chat
Are you traveling and want to stay connected with your family? Check out Gmail’s Video Chat feature.
- Use Multiple Accounts by Granting Access
Do you have a business-related Gmail account that you want an assistant to have access to? If so, you can grant them access to your account. This will enable them to access your Gmail account without needing to log out of their own account. Learn how to set up this convenient feature:Email delegation: Granting access to your Gmail account.
- Always Use HTTPS – Even if you’re in the habit of using a secure connection when using Gmail while you’re on a public network, you may want to consider forcing this setting. Simply log in to Gmail, click on Settings, set the Browser Connection to “always use https” and save your changes. Although this is a beneficial security setting, Google has noted that errors may be seen in the Gmail mobile application and the Google toolbar if you do enable this feature.
- Spam Hiding Capabilities –It is an enlightening fact that the inclusion of dots into the email address of your account does not hamper the capacity of you receiving the emails. For instance, if you do not want to give your email address while you sign up for an online service, you can just include a dot anywhere in the email address or you could include multiple dots as well, you will still receive the emails sent by the online service which would be using the wrong email address. In this way, you can create an email filter so that you could delete all the emails that come to the bogus id that you had given.
- Easy Identification of Email Subscriptions – You can now easily manage any newsletter subscriptions that you would have had with the help of the “+”feature. You can add filters that will filter out the emails with the “+” included in the address and you can move them out with ease.
- Synchronization of Contacts –You can now sync all the contacts of your smartphone with Gmail. This will help you have a backup of your contacts. So now you will not be faced by the dreaded situation of losing all your contacts from your phone as you can get it synced back again into your phone from Gmail.
- Address Restore Feature –Ideally a contact deleted from your phone will also be deleted from Gmail once you sync it. However, with Gmail you will still have the option of recovering the contact within a span of 30 days after deletion.
- Merging contacts –You can merge duplicate contacts with the “Find & Merge Contacts” available in the top right hand corner in Gmail under “Contacts”.
- Calendar –Updating a calendar event, saving a task or a reminder is easy with the calendar feature in Gmail which can be operated with the Google ID. Now you can send calendar events via email, share the calendar or access calendars shared by other friends as well. This feature can be accessed from your smartphone as well, so now you can edit and save calendar events while you are on the go. If you need any help regarding your Gmail account, you can contact the Gmail support number. The Gmail Tech Support provides awesome service and help with issues like Gmail Password Recovery and other concerns as well. Gmail Customer Care is also quick and effective.
- Keyboard Shortcuts – Windows operating systems, Mac OS and several software programs all have their own set of keyboard shortcuts but so does Gmail. Once you memorize the keyboard shortcuts for a few frequently used tasks, you’ll find that you’ll be able to go through your email much more quickly.